Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Leafing Out

The tree across from where I was catching the bus to SNB is leafing out with pretty silvery baby leaves. It was so pretty in the light with the blue sky, I thought I'd share it with you:
Silver New Leaves

I liked the branch structure of this one, also across from the bus stop:
Silver New Leaves

SNB was fun. (Of course!) I did a few rows on my wyvern socks, but was having trouble "getting in the groove"... I think my missed week really affected me. The needles also seemed more flexible... humidity, maybe? So after a bit I gave up, and just helped Heather with her crochet edging, and Bethany with her tangled former ball of yarn. (I'm a bit weird... I rather enjoy untangling yarn. It's like a challenging puzzle. And yes, I really enjoy topology.) It took me a bit to get started on the tangle, so I brought it home with me and finished up tonight.

On the way home with Sue, we stopped at Heather's so I could borrow her swift. (I'm also borrowing Susan's ball winder. For those skanky laceweight hanks.)

Getting out at my place, I looked up. (I often do at night.) The sky had continued to be unusually clear, and I could actually find the big dipper and the north star... although I still couldn't make out the little dipper. It's usually hazy enough down here that I can't make out the big dipper. I can usually find Orion and Cassiopeia, but the big dipper and the north star say "home" to me. I miss them. And the crystal clear nights watching the stars in Winnipeg. (Not all our nights are crystal clear, but we get waaaay more than down here.)

No comments: