Saturday, April 01, 2006

Baby Squirrels

Today was "feed baby squirrel" day for me. Fun! (Of course, ignoring the peeing, pooping, scratching, and the occasional bite.)

Here's me feeding one of the older baby squirrels:
Baby Squirrel Feeding

And here's one that hasn't even opened its eyes yet:
Tiny Baby Squirrel

To keep Bron happy, I have a "squirrel with sock" photo:
Baby Squirrel with Sock WIP

And, for those of you who really don't care about baby squirrels and/or socks, here's a lovely weeping cherry:
Weeping Cherry

Even better, I got rid of my artificial alpine Christmas tree and half a bag of stale pecans. :)

About the blogger problems earlier today... I forgot a closing quote in one of the links, and blogger wasn't responding properly, so it ended up posting the bad post nine times! I had to correct each one before deleting it, because otherwise the delete button wouldn't work. :P

6 comments:

Dandy said...

Hi, the baby squirles are so cute... my girls love them and want me to ask if they are pets or are you rehabilitating them?

noricum said...

They're being rehabilitated and will be released... although I doubt they ever become truly wild. (Of course, most town squirrels, especially those near feeders, will grow rather tame.) They do become self-supporting, though. It seems that they mostly choose to stay close to the woman's yard. She continues to recognize them, which I find amazing.

noricum said...

Oh... and I have lots more photos if you're interested. ;)

Anonymous said...

Forgive me if this was impetuous, but I submitted a link to your post with baby squirrel pics to Cute Overload... :)

noricum said...

No problem. ;)

LG said...

OMG this baby is so cute!!! I've never seen baby squirles before!