Thursday, April 27, 2006

Groggy

I'm feeling kind of groggy today. It might be the fault of the Ambien I took last night.

The first two times I took Ambien, it was amazing. At first I would feel even less like I was going to sleep, and then I'd be out within 10 minutes. Not only that, but I didn't wake up *at all* before my alarm went off. I didn't think I slept badly before, but *this* was amazing! Besides a deep desire to snuggle in bed for longer, I didn't seem to have any adverse side effects.

Last night was different. Maybe it was the dishwasher making noise, or me thinking about my dissertation stuff. It still took an hour to fall asleep. I don't have that same feeling that my rest was more restful, and now I'm groggy. I tried turning off the alarm and sleeping a bit more, but that didn't help. I'm going to work in J's office this afternoon, to help me stay awake.

I got the "I suck because I didn't meet my goals this term" form signed and ready to hand in. (No, that's not it's official name, but that's how I feel about it.)

I'm pretty sure I'm going to frog and restart the tank top. I'm thinking now that I may make the body reverse stockinette so that I can add some of the leaves up near the neckline (hanging down, of course)... hmmm... that will take some adjusting, given they're normally worked bottom up. I think I can manage.

Last night I realized why I wasn't getting data from my test sets... I forgot to click a button. Doh! Well, now I have data, and get to interpret it. I think it is telling me I'm not generating all bonds for a set of points like I thought I was. (Previously I entered the bonds I wanted to use, but this time it was faster to enter the atoms and have it generate the bonds.)

Well... this is good news, at least. It isn't a "yay I have a test set," but it isn't a "no, there's no transmission core," either... it's something where I have a clear path forward, and haven't (yet) found a roadblock to my destination.

6 comments:

Deneen said...

Unfortunately, sometimes you don't fall right asleep (if you take it and then read or knit/crochet for a bit it can mess you up).

Mama Grouch said...

ummmm, you can think about re-designing a tanktop by just 'throwing in' a couple of leaves, and then that whole business about a 'test set' and dissertation.

And this with a blog heading of groggy??

Dood, I am SO getting less sleep iffn' it makes me as smarter as you.

noricum said...

Thanks for the chuckle and reality-check, mama grouch! :)

Anonymous said...

I've had the same experience with Lunesta - one time good, next time not-so-good. I'm dealing with a sleeping pill hangover myself right now.

I like your plan for the next tank top incarnation - I think you're on to something. :)

And Dudette - I hate it when I don't generate enough bonds for my points. It just ruins my whole day. ;)

noricum said...

You guys... you're really perking my day up with the comments! Thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the Ambien is giving you problems. I'm definately more groggy than I should be given the amount of sleep I'm getting but I don't know if that's due to not sleeping as soundly on the Ambien or the mediation causing the insomina I'm taking the Ambien for in the first place. :-)

Also sorry you're going to have to frog what you've done, but if you're not happy with it it's the best thing to do. (That's so much easier to say than to do!)