Sunday, April 02, 2006

Ren Faire

B and I had a great time at the Ren Faire. (Well, I did, and I'm pretty sure B did too.) We didn't end up meeting up with S. I did make sure Bron's sock was thoroughly entertained. Here it is with a spinner:
Sock with Spinner
and here it is watching the joust:
Sock Watching Jousting

Here are some other photos from my day.

This was my favourite horse:
Pretty Horse
although it didn't always want to behave:
Runaway

We watched some belly dancing while we ate lunch:
Belly Dancer
There was a little girl who was really good, but it was rather disturbing seeing such a young girl dance like that where people were drinking beer. (And I *mean* girl... she didn't look like she had hit puberty yet.) I think it's cool that she was so good, and was having fun doing it, but I'd rather see her dancing at a school production rather than in the "anyone under 21 requires a guardian" tent.

I felt sorry for the poor animals in the petting zoo... they had no shade!
Petting Zoo
This clever goat knew where the food came from, though!
Clever Goat

The raptors being rescued were gorgeous. I especially liked the owls:
Owl Owl

And this:
Necklace
would have been the reason I didn't get to buy myself any sock yarn in April, but it sounds like my parents are calling it a (belated) birthday present. They had said I could buy something if I found something I liked, but I thought this would be too expensive. I decided to buy it anyway, as my "tax refund splurge," and asked mom if she wanted to make part of it my birthday present. The little leaves are actually amber! I didn't know amber came in green. Apparently it only comes from one place, and thus is kind of expensive as a result. I'm not a big wearer of jewelry, but part of that is because I don't like most standard jewelry. I *love* this, and thus thought maybe I should go for it while I had the chance. I will add it to my tiny collection, and hopefully I'll get opportunities to wear it. (I don't dress up often... I tend to be a jeans and t-shirt girl.)

My allergies weren't too bad today. I was somewhat congested (still am), and sneezed a bit, but thankfully my eyes didn't itch like crazy. I just had a shower, so hopefully that will help. (I've already taken allegra and sudafed.)

Well, I'm dry now, and it's late, so I really should go to bed. Good night!

6 comments:

sara said...

Looks like you had loads of fun!

Poor animals, though!!

Anonymous said...

I love the necklace! And I'm going to have the most well-traveled crocheted sock in world. ;)

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous necklace! I hope you find many occasions to wear it! :)

Which Ren Fest did y'all go to?

noricum said...

We went to the one at the state fairgrounds in Raleigh. http://www.ncrenfaire.com/

Sallie said...

That is a very pretty necklace. I like the uniqueness of it.

LG said...

Such a great time you had!