Saturday, January 15, 2005

Ups and downs

Today's had it's ups and downs. I think after I post, I'll resort to chocolate.

Let's see... it started with a nice, leasurely morning (up). I forgot to turn on NPR for Car Talk (down), but caught the last 15 minutes during my very late shower (up). I managed to get my butt in gear enough to catch the 12:15 bus (up... they only run once an hour on weekends, and I wanted to get stuff done before the 2:00 SNB), but only by rushing out the door (down). I did indeed make it to the bus stop on time (up), but remembered as the bus pulled into sight that I had forgotten my frequent buyer's card for the LYS (down). I found better priced grapefruit at Wellspring (up), stocked up on the shampoo and conditioner that doesn't make my hair itch (up), and found some alcohol & fragrance free astringent (up... Kelli suggested using that for my zits). I checked at the fabric store, and the pillow class in the flyer wasn't the one with the dragonfly that I've been wanting to take (down). I had a look at the crabby lady's LYS, and the lady wasn't crabby today (up), but she also didn't have the yarn I need for sockapalooza either (down). I finished up with the right amount of time to catch my next bus (up). As I was crossing the road, someone honked and waved at me... I don't know if they thought I was someone else, or were just being dorky undergrads. (Is being honked at an up or down?) I worked on my Koigu sock while I waited for the bus (up), and a cute guy came to wait for the bus too (up), however he didn't sit in the shelter with me (down... not that anything would have been different even if he had). The bus transfer downtown didn't work out (down), but it was a nice crisp day, so the walk was enjoyable (up). The friendly LYS lady loved my hat (purchased), bag (gift) and socks (made by me) (up), and thought my socks in progress were cool too (up). However, she said my laptop sleeve was crocheted too tightly for it to felt well (down). (I think it'll be just fine... after all, my test swatch, which admittedly was different yarn, came out fine, and I based my shrinkage calculations on it.) The friendly LYS is fun to visit (up), but they also didn't have the plain sock yarn I needed (down). I didn't stay long at the friendly LYS (down) so that I wouldn't be too late for the SNB (up). When I got to Tyler's (up: I was brave enough to go in), there were no knitters there (down). I didn't hang around because Tyler's is a bar (I don't really drink), and I wasn't sure if anyone was going to come anyway. The Carrboro bus wasn't due any time soon (down), but it was still a nice day for a walk (up). I made it to the DM bus stop shortly before it arrived, so didn't have to wait long (up), but it had to circle at the end of the loop, where it likes to sit for a while (down). I caught the DM to the mall (up), since there wasn't a convenient transfer time to the FG downtown (down). The mall was having it's sidewalk sale. I ended up buying a few fun things (up), and spending more than I had intended (down). I did get replacement dishclothes (up) for my current ones which are all full of holes (down). After traipsing through the mall, it was once again the right time to catch the bus (up), and I made it home around 4:00 (up), but was rather hungry and subsequently grouchy because I hadn't eaten lunch yet (down). Instead of taking my shoes off and eating something, I decided to stop by the front office to see if they had any decent videos to borrow, and they did (up). I had one of their cookies (up), but it wasn't enough to satisfy my grouchy hunger (down). When I got back to my apartment, I unpacked my stuff, only to discover that, once again, I managed to get conditioner all over the inside of my backpack (down), but luckily not on any of my books or crochet (up). Since I was hungry and not thinking straight, I tossed my backpack and fanny pack in with the next load of laundry... I haven't yet opened up that load to see if I made a big mistake with a nice, handwoven bag from Mexico. (It's stopped, but I have to work up my guts to do so.) Since then, I've had dinner (up) and watched one of the movies (up), and had enough energy to post (up). Elann had some nice solid coloured sock yarn, so I ordered that for sockapalooza (up), but also ordered some of the alpaca yarn for a sweater (up... and down... I shouldn't have spent the money with my current finances and huge stash size).

Even though it's only 7:30, I feel like it's been a long, exhausting day. I think it's mostly because of my emotional rollercoaster. I wonder if my prozac is at the right level... or maybe it's the fact I've cut back on my B vitamins...

I'd take it easy the rest of tonight, but I need to finish my laundry, and should either do my grocery shopping, or bake my bread today. (Or maybe not... Monday is a holiday, after all... thank goodness for three day weekends!)

No comments: