Monday, January 24, 2005

Illogical

I am completely illogical. Here's why: 1. I buy lots of yarn, saying "it's on sale, and this much will last a long time... I'm saving money in the long run". 2. I get past the cash register, and it registers just how much I spent. 3. I declare a "yarn diet", to make it official that I shall not buy any more yarn until I have used up most of my stash. 4. "diet" = "burn off excess". 5. I start crocheting like mad, to reduce my stash size. Result? A shrinking stash, but it's not going to last long at this rate! Aaargh. :P

Before I'm done ranting, here are two more of my "pet peeves":

1. "The Donald" ....you may have more money than everyone else, but I know other people with that name. You *don't* own it!

2. Clapotis. Cool knit pattern, bad name. I don't know about you, but it sounds like a vd to me... and to my mom too, when I asked her opinion. Maybe I'm pronouncing it wrong? If I ever decide to make this mistake naming something, please hit me. Hard.

Rant done. Well, at least my head will be warmer now... I call it "I know it looks silly, they all do, so this one does on purpose, but my head is really warm" tuque. (Yeah, I obviously need a better, and much shorter name.) Here's my new blue tuque:

I planned my yarn use really well... here's how much was left over from my two balls:

Is this a good day or what? :) I ♥ my new tuque! ;)

5 comments:

KelliAmanda said...

Nice tuque! But I must say, in reading your last line, I wanted to say "I heart my new tuque!" :-b

noricum said...

Well, you can read that whatever way makes you happiest... that's the point of putting the heart there. ;)

Daph said...

I like the hat name, and the hat itself, and I think it looks CUTE on you! It has personality, don'tcha know! As for clapotis... when I first saw that I started giggling to myself, and then the pattern said, "It's pronounced 'clap-oh-tee'" and I thought, "Um, that doesn't make it ANY better..."

noricum said...

Thanks! :)

So it's not just me... ;) (And no, it isn't all that much better with the "correct" pronunciation... ;) )

Jewels said...

"the Donald" has enough of "the money" to buy some new "the hair" me thinks,.....[thought now finished] hehe