Sunday, January 09, 2005

Mmmm! Turtles!

I was reading this article about nut challenges:

'PEANUT CHALLENGES' EXPOSE OUTGROWN ALLERGIES
Some families may be living with unnecessary worry over potentially
fatal peanut allergy reactions because of misdiagnosis. And some
children simply outgrow an allergy to peanuts, medical experts say.
FULL STORY:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/science/national/2005/01/07/peanut-challenge050107.html

and decided that if people who do peanut challenges should make sure to continue eating peanuts, the same must be true for pecans. I celebrated my clean nut challenge by buying myself a 3-pack of turtles. :)) I haven't had turtles in *ages*.

Hmmm... I don't think the pecans in this package are as fresh as those I ate during the challenge.

Oh well... it was still nice to eat one again, after all these years. :)

I'll probably stick to regular pecans for the most part... they're cheaper, and have fewer calories. (I haven't dared step on the scale since I got home... I suppose I should.)

Today: laundry, grocery shopping, unpacking... and painting with my friend S! (We get together to paint on Sundays, or sometimes we go for walks.) Today I added a disembodied pair of jeans to a painting I had previously done the background on, and to keep the jeans company, I added a headless dog. Here they are:



As you can probably guess, I'm not done the painting yet. ;) (The jeans and dog will eventually be dad and his dog Nicky.)

Here's the gorgeous book thong Donna sent me:



The beads are a really pretty garnet colour, with copper sparkles and stripes. My thong is now gracing the book "Daggerspell" by Katharine Kerr. (The book is quite enjoyable too, although the person who wrote the blurb on the back apparently didn't read the book.) That reminds me... "The Ropemaker" was also excellent, so I think I'm going to have to hunt down the rest of Peter Dickinson's novels. :) I think anyone who enjoys Robin McKinley will also enjoy Peter Dickinson. (No wonder they're married!)

I also put up the "stained glass" my mom gave me to cut down the glare from my counter light:



Thanks mom!

Crochet update: I finished the heel on one green Kroy sock, and the other is ready to start the heel. I'm too lazy to update my progress bar tonight, though.

1 comment:

noricum said...

Thanks! I'm rather surprised at how well it's turning out myself. (I think there's a lot of luck involved... it must be luck, since I have no skill with acrylics.)

If you get that recipe, can you send a copy to me? I'd *love* that!!!