Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Dermatologist

So, I had a kind of funny appointment at the dermatologist this morning. I had to get up early to make it in for my 8:00 appointment, and then they didn't end up seeing me until around 8:30. :P

The doc looked at my frozen-skin-tags-turned-moles, and said "you had them *frozen* off?!? Never let someone freeze off a skin tag again." Sheesh... how was I supposed to know the first doctor didn't know what he was talking about? (Hmmm... this is the same guy who's treating my depression... not good...) Anyway, she said that I didn't do anything wrong, just not to let someone do it again now that I know better. Aparently the "proper" method is to use an anesthetic, and then shave it off flush. (Which sounds just as enjoyable, but I guess the results are better.)

The dermatologist said that they *could* cut them out, but she also said they'd almost certainly come back ...I think the word was "aplastic"... since they're recovering from the trauma caused by the freezing. She said to keep an eye on them (which is easy, given they're on my back!), and come back in six months. I said "so that means they're fine", and she said "I don't know". So now I get to think about the stupid things for another six months. (And I'm not sure I'll even be here that long from now...)

However, she also asked me what I was doing for my acne. When I said "nothing", she prescribed me an oral antibiotic, and told me to come back in three months. I know I'll be here for that, and by then I'll also have a better idea of how much longer I'll be here.

I'll be nice to get rid of my zits. (However, she also said I had to stop scratching at them... another thing I'll find challenging!)

No comments: