Thursday, January 13, 2005

Oddities & visitors

Odd... Blogger didn't want to let me post most of today.

Speaking of oddities, why is it that the skin on the bump on my ankle likes to dry out so much? Why the outside bumps more than the inside bumps? And why one ankle over the other? Do these bumps have a name? For some reason, the skin on the outer bump on my right ankle would make an aligator proud right now. I've tried hand cream, pumice, and more hand cream. I think it's starting to get a *bit* better, but not much. Add ankle bumps to the mysteries of life.

I went for my lunchtime walk today, but didn't do my morning exercise bike. Why? I had fun late night visitors last night! :) Josie and her sister stopped by. I had lots of fun visiting with Josie and her sister (I'm bad with names Josie... you'll have to remind me what her name was), but unfortunately we didn't get to visit for very long. They arrived after 11 pm, and stayed until a bit after midnight. (We'll have to manage a longer visit, Josie, next time you're in town!)

Here's the wonderful sock yarn Josie brought me from Germany:


In honour of Josie's visit, I also did my dishes:

(Nothing like company to get me up off my butt!)

I was going to give Josie some wool yarn from a sweater I planned on frogging (the sweater was from an ex, and was haunting my closet), but I think Josie's sister ended up with the sweater. ;)

4 comments:

Marvie said...

MY outer ankle bumps get that way too... in my case, I think it's cuz I pretty much always sit cross legged in my chair, on the couch.... I can't sit like a normal person. So my thought is that the chair/couch is stealing all the moisture from my foot. And yes, it's more on my right ankle bump than my left one. I haven't yet managed to get mine to go away either, at least not in winter. I pumice the heck out of it, use that sloughing lotion stuff, and moisturize like a mad woman. It's better than it was when I first noticed it, but not gone yet.

Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned that I'm glad I don't have your current kitchen? ;)

-Paulina

noricum said...

What, you mean you want things like a dishwasher, and more than 28 inches (total) of counter space? ;)

Hmmm... I also sit cross legged, and with my right foot on the bottom. I wouldn't have thought that would do it, but maybe you're onto something...

Jewels said...

omg, wierd....that must be "winnipeg ankle" or something, cause same thing happens to me every year, either winter or summer ...and only to ONE of my ankles!! Intermittently same thing on my ankle..drives me crazy, LOL
Maybe the exercise bike pedal will knock it off (inspiration to bike? hehe)