Monday, February 21, 2005

Yarn snob? No.

I think I've decided I'm not actually a yarn snob. No, I would *not* use acrylic again for a sweater for me, but that's because I prefer wearing natural fabrics. At first I thought this made me a yarn snob. But as I'm working on my LB Homespun throw, even though I hate the way the yarn snaggs with my hook, I can't help admiring the colour and softness. Would I ever wear a sweater if I made it out of LB Homespun? I doubt it: it's way too bulky, in addition to being acrylic. But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it in other things. A place for everything, and everything in it's place. I wouldn't use acrylic for my clothing, just like I wouldn't use hand-wash-only yarn for a baby item. (The new parents have enough to do, without coddling whatever I give them.) Cheapo acrylic makes the most adorable teddies, and I enjoy napping under the acrylic granny square afghan that Aunt Helen gave me (although I'd still want natural fibers for my regular bedding).

I feel better now. I don't like being a snob... even if it's only a yarn snob.

That was my break... back to my hbonds...

No comments: