Wednesday, February 16, 2005

WOW



Four tips for a crackless cheesecake:

1. Put a pan of water on a second oven rack when you start the oven heating, and leave it in while the cheesecake bakes.

2. Line the walls of the springform pan with parchment paper.*

3. Mix the eggs in by hand, stirring as little as possible.

4. Turn the oven off around 10 minutes before the cheesecake is supposed to be done, and don't open the oven until about 10-20 minutes after the scheduled done time. This starts a slow cooling off process, without overbaking the cake. Slooooooly open the oven door.

*I skipped this step for my last cheesecake... I discovered I was all out of parchment paper. I only got a small crack.

If these tips fail, and you still get cracks, never fear... it'll still taste just fine. I've read people recommend icing to hide the cracks, but icing on cheesecake seems wrong...

No comments: