Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Baked Expectations

Jewels reminded me about Baked Expectations...

Oh, I so *miss* Baked Expectations! My mom used to take me there for my birthday. We'd skip the "meal" part, and go straight to cake! (And even then couldn't finish our slices!!!)

That was back before I knew about cheesecake... I was always a picky eater, and so refused to try something as icky sounding as cheesecake... how foolish I was! But back in those days, I would get a slice of that big chocolate cake... I think it was about 8" tall (maybe taller?), and had layers, a wall of chocolate around the outside, and chocolate shavings and orange zest on top. Mmmmm....

I've told so many people down here about Baked Expectations! (They all look at me kind of funny... they don't understand.)

Next time I'm in Winnipeg, I *really* must stop in at Baked Expectations! I think I'll have cheesecake this time. *sigh*

Thanks for the happy memories Jewels!

4 comments:

KelliAmanda said...

So, can you eat regular cheesecake, or only the kind you make yourself?

That Baked Expectations place sounds good...I'm sure you'll take me when I visit you in Canada? :-)

noricum said...

I'm willing to put up with a few side-effects from cheesecake... it's worth it! ;)

I'll definitely take you! I always need an excuse to go. ;) (Hmmm... I may get fat(er) if I have too many visitors!!)

Jewels said...

I'm in on that!! Any reason to do that store...they actually make great meals too, but I save ALL my room for the cheesecake. My sis came from Saskatchewan and I took there, she's hooked now too and whenever she comes for a visit that place is her priority before visiting, haha

noricum said...

Do they? I've never actually tried their meals... ;)