Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Crochet Update

My scarf is now at 53". (I'm sorry if I mess up the snow scheduled for Wednesday night through Thursday... I wouldn't mind a few days off myself.)

My project bag is now lined. :)

I'll post photos of both tomorrow... I've taken pictures, but I prefer to use my other computer for that.

One problem I'm having now... my WIP is my scarf, which doesn't fit in my project bag, which was designed for socks-in-progress. Hmmm... looks like I'll have to figure out my sock problems... and make a second, larger project bag. :) (Note to self... need wool for large felted project bag... the question is, how much stash do I need to use before I can get said wool?) I think I'd like to do a felted brown sugar bag. I've been meaning to make Josie's bag for a while. I'll get several colours, so that I can stripe the rows. :) I'm thinking Knit Picks yarn... I'd prefer a sport weight yarn, but their Wool of the Andes is such a nice price...

Hmmm... I think two pairs of felted slippers (assuming I have more than one pair worth of yarn, which I suspect I do), two pairs of socks, and my sockapalooza socks are sufficient stash reduction to justify the yarn for a larger project bag. I'm doing not too bad at working with my stash yarn... and all of those projects should fit in my small project bag. Hmmm... maybe I should make myself take my afghan out of limbo, and work on that in the evenings... it really is a nice afghan, just not a good carry-along project. I've been a little hesitant, because my crochet has loosened *considerably* from when I started it, so my gauge is going to be quite different... probably much closer to the correct size, but still different from what I've started.

Oops... past my bedtime. G'night!

1 comment:

pfirsch said...

I can't wait to see what your Brown Sugar Bag ends up looking like. You may need to line it, though. I am glad that you're going to give it a try.