Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Happy Crocheter Here!

An aquaintance just stopped by to let me know how much her daughter loved the teddy I crocheted for her. :)) I made the teddy bear a few years back, when her daughter was due. Although I didn't know her too well, she was a person that happened to be pregnant when I finished making the teddy. (I was doing it to stay awake in class.) She was really touched that I would do that for her... although her son saw the teddy and immediately claimed it. Apparently the son is now more into video games, and so it has rightfully passed on to the daughter, who is now old enough to say "mine!" ;) (The teddy had been lying on the floor, and got "put away" on a shelf because it was too nice for the floor, but the daughter pulled it down and said "mine!") How cute! (This is the same teddy my grandma liked so much that I had to make one for her too, after she saw the photos. My grandma's teddy lives on her couch, though, not the floor.)

Valerie sent me a postcard the other day saying thanks for her socks, and how much she loves them. :)

I worked some more on my sockapalooza socks last night, and now have the first to the heel, and the second about half way to the heel. (I got a fair amount done on the busses yesterday, and at SNB.) I think what I'll do for photos of these socks is just put a link to a picture here... that way I can still post a picture, and my sock pal can decide whether or not she wants a surprise. (No, I haven't e-mailed her to ask her.)

SNB is fun... for some reason the ladies there consider me an absolutely amazing crocheter (or, at least one lady does, and the rest don't contradict her), and suggested I submit something for Debbie Stoller's new crochet book. :) It would be fun... but again, I'm worried about being kicked out of the country. Unlike the calendar, Debbie pays... and thus it would probably count as "working off campus". Lame, but that's my life right now.

Speaking of the calendar, no, I still haven't typed up my patterns. However, Annie told me to get my butt in gear gently reminded me that she's still interested in them, so I've promised to have them typed up for Monday.

Well, enough of a break, and time for me to get back to my school deadlines. :P

No comments: