Friday, February 04, 2005

Pondering...

...does toothpaste go bad? My tube has a date stamped on it, that is nearly a year old. I've pretty much ignored it, thinking "toothpaste doesn't go bad"... but maybe it does? I've been having a bad taste in my mouth, like I have bad breath or something. Brushing doesn't help. In fact, I think I might notice it more often *after* I brush my teeth. I thought it might be something in the water, but it happened both here and in Winnipeg. I thought it might be something icky growing on my toothbrushes, but replacing them didn't help. So my question is, does toothpaste go bad? My tube is about half full (I think I bought it on sale when I still had some, which is why it's so old), and I'd rather not throw away perfectly good toothpaste.

Does anyone out there know if toothpaste goes bad?

4 comments:

KelliAmanda said...

Here's what my google search (no quotes) yielded.
Does toothpaste go bad?But when I searched for Does toothpaste expire? I came up with a more helpful article.

Sounds like the only thing "wrong" with your toothpaste is that the flavoring is fading. You could always used a mouthwash after brushing if you miss the minty clean freshness. :-)

noricum said...

But that's wasting toothpaste! Just think of the environmental impact of me not using the whole tube! That's like standing with the fridge door open! (...I blame my mother...)

Marvie said...

I asked hubby and he says he doesn't think it goes bad.

My tube is nearly a year old, but I use like baby amounts because it burns (have yet to find one that doesn't except kid stuff and that stuff is just tooooo sweet for me) so I just use a teensy drop. I've never had mine go bad though, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

noricum said...

I find it burns too... I'm convinced I have an allergy to mint. (I have an allergy to everything else, why not mint?) They've got some new flavoured toothpastes over here... do you have them over there?