Friday, February 11, 2005

Fun Mail

Unfortunately that is Mail, and not Male. But at least over half of it was fun!

Not fun mail: it's getting to be lease renewal time again. My options: yearly @ $715/month, 3 months @ $740/month, or month-to-month @ $845/month. Man, that last rate is sucky! My current lease is up at the end of May... the question is, how much longer will I be here? Certainly until the end of my current lease, but the rest depends on my progress this term. Aaaack! I was kind of dreading this. Hmmm... I wonder what the penalties are if I need to back out of the 3 month lease... and what my deadlines are for figuring all this out. :P (I know that if I *don't* give notice 60 days before the end of my current lease, I'll be stucking paying the month-to-month rate for however long after that point it takes me to decide... since my current lease requires 60 days notice.)

Fun mail: A RAOK thank-you card. :)) Thanks! ...And Knit Picks yarn! Wheee! Here's the latest addition to my "stash":

The red is the "winterberry"... I wish they hadn't been out of the cranberry. This red is just a tinge brown. The yellow is a tad dingy, as yellow wools frequently seem to be. Of course, my rainbow of colours looks like they want to be a "gay pride" bag. (I wish rainbows hadn't been hijacked like that!) I might mix the order up a bit. I was hoping the blues would blend some, so that the other colours would sort of pop out to make bright stripes. If it looks too much like the gay pride flag, I might end up giving it to my stepsister, who's lesbian. I bet she'd love it. (I have a hard enough time getting a date as it is... I don't need guys thinking I'm lesbian too. ;) ) The lace yarns are absolutely *dreamy*. :)) I need to figure out a pattern to use them in... I wonder how far a single hank of lace weight yarn will get me? I'm thinking of trying a fillet crochet pattern with leaves for the Autumn colourway (I'll do it kind of narrow, and go as far as I can), and then that should give me an idea of what size project I can plan for the pink/yellow colourway.

Tonight I cheated on the dishes, and ate foods that didn't require pots, but had worse "good for you" ratings. I'll do dishes tomorrow. Tomorrow is my designated day of cleaning. Mainly because I have yet to clean (I've started a wee bit, but have yet to make a noticable dent), and the party is Sunday.

Tonight I finished a second afghan square for me. Here they both are:

I need to put together an afghan page... I'm not sure where, yet, though. I think next I'll use some acrylic stash to make some RAOK squares. (I think the other people on the list are doing standard acrylic afghans... and I have some nice purples and greens, and purple and periwinkle, and brown, cream and red. All of those combinations should make nice squares. :) ) My sockapalooza sock is to the left of the afghan squares... not pictured, so as to keep the surprise. My sock pal knows who she is, so I'm not posting photos until she gets them. (Unless she notifies me that I can post photos... you know who you are!) Oh... sock update: I worked on it after the afghan square... I'm getting close to the heel turning on the first sock.

No comments: