Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Words of Wisdom

wow

This may be old news for some, but I discovered (upon leaving home for grad school, and aquiring roommates) that not everyone knows this.

To clean burned on crud off the bottom of a pot: add about a half inch of water, and a liberal sprinkling of baking soda. Heat the pot until the water bubbles... and continue until the baking soda bubbles all the crud off the pot. Voila, no more burned on crud.

For those of us without dishwashers: this saves a lot of elbow grease. For those of you with dishwashers: this'll get off what a dishwasher can't.

1 comment:

Donna Hulka said...

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know that, and I consider myself to be quite the cleaning nut. Oh, and you have been tagged, Andrea! ;-) Check my blog for the questions.