Wednesday, February 02, 2005

WOW

It seems a bunch of blogs I read have something special on Wednesday... some wish everyone a happy hump day, and many have a WIP Wednesday. Sounds fun. :) But, I feel like being different... I think I'll have a WOW Wednesday: "Words of Wisdom". In these posts (no idea how long I'll keep doing this), I'll post little useful things I've learned. (I'd love to hear your WOWs too... the more the merrier!)



Putting the covers back on paperbacks.

Do you ever have a problem where the cover will fall off your paperback book? I'm talking about the whole cover coming off in one piece. Well, the glue holding the cover on (in most cases) is hot glue. Thus, to reattach the cover, simply iron the spine at low heat (so as not to burn the paper cover). This remelts the glue to bond with the cover. :)

6 comments:

Marvie said...

Now that is WoW worthy! I'd never have thought of it, but I'll definately remember it =)

Hmmmm do I have any WoW? Well I learned today that nuking coffee beans takes stinky wool smell out of my microwave when nothing else under the Sun works *g*

KelliAmanda said...

I heard somewhere (Oprah, maybe?) that placing a bowl of water with a cut lemon in it in the microwave and heating will (a) loosen the grime making it easier to clean and (b) make your microwave lemony fresh! The previous comment about microwaving coffee beans made me think of it, though I don't know if it would take out stinky wool smell. :-)

Daph said...

That's a good WOW! lol Um, the only WOW I have is that if you get ink on your clothes spray it with hairspray (a LOT, so it gets all foamy) and rub the hairspray in. Throw it in the wash, and the ink will come out. I've actually tried it, and it worked!

noricum said...

Hey, neat! Three for the price of one! :) (I think I've heard that milk works on ink too... but I'm not sure.)

Rebecca said...

i'm liking your WOW idea....
is your button up for the taking???

noricum said...

Feel free to "steal" my button! That's what it's there for! ;)