Monday, October 02, 2006

Socktoberfest!

Yesterday being the first of Socktober, I decided to take photos of all things sock. Here's my sock drawer:
Sock Drawer
All handmade, although two not by me. There are two more pair that I own that aren't shown here... they were in the dirty laundry basket.

Here's my current socks in progress:
Socks In Progress
Does crocheting socks out of Regia Canadiana "Winnipeg" count as a tie to Canada? The sock on the right is my wyvern sock, begun about a year ago. It's my first knit sock. My goal for Socktober is to finish the pair. :)

Here's the yarn waiting to be made into socks:
Sock Yarn
I forgot to count how many pairs worth is in the bag... from the photo, it looks like at least 18. I am rather impressed that all of my sock yarn fits in a single bag, though!

Of course, that yarn bag doesn't include the scrap-sock-yarn blanket and yarn:
Scrap Sock Yarn Blanket and Scraps
Here's how the blanket is looking these days:
Sock Yarn Blanket WIP

So... and what socky knitting/crocheting did I do yesterday? None! I made a washcloth:
Ghost Washcloth
(last month being the washcloth knitalong at Fiber Freaks, and this month containing Halloween), and a swatch for Durrow:
Swatch
(which, incidentally, came out in October last year.)

Yes, I have to admit that I *did* buy yarn on Saturday. You didn't really expect me to go to a yarn store and do nothing but drop off a resume, did you?!? Besides, I got enough yarn for Durrow for $40... much better than the ~$100 USD for the yarn it calls for. And it's such a *pretty* colour! It really brings out the colour of my eyes. And $40 is a reasonable price even for a store-bought sweater, let alone yarn for a handmade one. And it doesn't count as stash if I start working on it right away, right? I'm not *officially* on a yarn diet... ;)

4 comments:

Emma said...

Love the sock drawer! Awesome.

Anonymous said...

what yarn is that for Durrow??! :)

whee, socks!

[and what is that pattern of on the washcloth? ]

HPNY KNITS said...

girl you are BUSY!! impressive!
we'll be watching you...

noricum said...

The pattern on the washcloth is supposed to be a ghost. It looks a bit better in person, but not much.

The yarn for Durrow is Selkirk from Ram Wools:

http://www.ramwools.com/index.cfm?pageID=3§ion=115&prodID=3149

They have shade cards for $1 too. It feels a bit rough in the skein, but doesn't itch when I hold it up to my skin, and it softens quite a bit with washing.