Friday, October 27, 2006

Opinions?

Sock!!!!!!!
Sock!!!!!!!

I need a costume for a party tomorrow night. I'm thrifty (aka cheap), and not near my pile of craft stuff and miscellaneous possessions. I have decided to go as a pumpkin: J has an orange shirt I can borrow, I'll make face features out of a cut up black trash bag... but J thinks I need a stem on the top of my head. I do not have green paper. Do you think this sock is green enough to pass as a pumpkin stem? (None of my other socks are any greener.) I do have green sock yarn with me, but I do know my limitations. ;)

I do at least have a piece of orange card stock, so I can at least make a "lid" to mount the sock on.

Yes, I'll post photos of my, um, "costume". Probably when I'm back in NY sometime on Sunday.

3 comments:

Andrew Cooper said...

Those socks are so not green. I can't wait to see your costume. I went to a costume party once as a stalk of brocolli. I was all in green with about five of those green nylon clown wigs all stuck together. Wish I could upload those pictures but they're in film, not digital.

LG said...

Well in my opinion you can use them as pumpkin stem! There won´t be much light, will it?
Can´t wait to see a full picture of you with the costum!
Have fun! Happy Halloween!

Sallie said...

I would have a hard time imagining that sock as a pumpkin stem. Too much turquoise, not enough green.