Tuesday, October 10, 2006

First Snowfall

Today was the first snowfall of the season. I love fresh snow! It fills me with childlike joy. :)

Snow Downtown
Snow in the Neighbourhood
Snow on Leaves
Snow on Peony
Snow on Petunias

This stuff won't stick. I read in the paper this morning that Winnipeg, on average, gets its first significant snowfall on November 2. That backs up my statement (that I made to someone recently) that we've got a 50% chance of snow for Halloween. As kids, we always had to design our costumes so they'd fit over our snowsuits. (Even if there wasn't any snow on the ground, it was usually quite cold... not weather to be dressed as genies!) It sure takes some creativity to come up with a costume that looks good over top of a winter coat and boots. ;)

3 comments:

Liz said...

Looks like you've been busy. I can't believe there's snow in the world right now. It got down to 65 F here in Texas today, but only because we had a thunderstorm. Last week it was 90.

Anonymous said...

That looks like about the most snow we ever get in the parts of Texas I've lived in. We might get slightly more once in a GREAT while. (Dallas and parts north get a bit more, but I've never lived there).

Right now, we're having lows in the upper 60s and highs in teh mid-to-upper 80s. It's 69 outside right now according to weather.com, which surprises me as I didn't think it was particularly chilly out this morning (yes, 69 for me is usually chilly, as you may recall). Maybe it's the humidity. *shrug*

LG said...

What wonderful pictures!!!