Friday, October 27, 2006

Sock!!!!!!!

Sock!!!!!!!
Sock!!!!!!!

My first knit sock! (Marnie MacLean's Wyvern pattern.) One down, one to go.

Knitting is an addiction, I tell you. Once I got past the heel, and saw how (relatively) speedy I could do a repeat, I just *had* to ignore everything else and finish it!!!

Sock!!!!!!!
The toe holes are due to me not having the tutorial with me when I started. I think I know how to avoid the remaining holes at the heels. (Needs wraps for first two rows.)

Sock!!!!!!!
Hmmm... short focal range.

Sock!!!!!!!
Have you ever noticed how hard it is to photograph the outside of your leg?

It's funny... most of the socks were knit using #2 dpns, but the last two repeats (and ribbing) were on #4 dpns... those #4s sure felt like *logs* after the #2s! Do you ever notice how you get used to the size needles you're using, and then others feel so different?

7 comments:

Marvie said...

Nice! I haven't had the guts to try a real pattern yet, but I'm working towards it ;)

I find the same thing with needle/hook size. I had been working with regular sock yarn and #2's then switched to the chunky yarn and #8's, WOW what a difference! At least I don't fear snapping the 8's ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sock! Maybe you could do a couple of duplicate stitches over the holes or darn them closed a bit?

LG said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Andrea!!!

Anonymous said...

hooray! it looks great! And you can weave some yarn in at your short-row toe holes and it will be fine. :)

I love how that yarn worked up!

Sallie said...

Very nice sock. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Looks great - I love that yarn, too.

I may or may not have given up on mine. It could be that I am not as in love with the pattern as I thought. We'll see - sorry to drop out of the 2-person KAL!

noricum said...

That's okay... I'm just glad to be nearing the end of these... they've been on the needles so very long! (And I still do love the pattern, so it will be nice to finally wear them.)