Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Socktoberfest: Every Stash Tells A Story

Do you have certain patterns planned for some of the yarns? Do you buy yarn and then choose a pattern?
Yup, I do indeed. I just need more time! Of course, it helps that I nearly always use the same pattern, but I do have certain embellishments planned for lots of them. I also have a yarn dedicated to knitting the Elenora socks... once I finish wyvern! (Want to buy Elenora sock pattern!!!) However, the yarn always comes first. I get what grabs me (by look or price), and decide on the design second.

Does a certain sock yarn you have in your stash take you back to a certain event? (where you were when you bought/received it? what was going on in your life at the time!)
Yes! Many socks/sock yarns remind me of the friends who gave them to me. There are also some yarns that remind me of splurges at Ram Wools during their sales. (I didn't have a "stash" before I discovered them!)

No comments: