Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Plea

East Village Books
East Village Books

Please, *please*, if you're in New York City, go to this book store and buy their craft books. Preferably all of them. It's on St. Marks Street, between 1st and A.

Tonight I bought "Knitter's Stash" for $14. Last visit I grabbed an Alice Starmore book (Fair Isle Knitting, listed on Amazon for $135+) plus two nifty quilting books for around $20 *total*. That's not a typo folks... *twenty* dollars. For all three!

Please. My wallet needs your assistance.

Bring cash... I think you need to spend $30 before they'll let you use a credit card.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crap, you scored Fair Isle Knitting!!! yow! I won't be in NYC until the end of Dec though :(

noricum said...

Yes, I did. For around $10. I couldn't resist.

So far I've managed to resist the two Kaffe Fassett titles (two copies of Family Album, and another I can't remember the title of), and Alice Starmore's Sweaters for Men.

Knittah said...

I canNOT believe you scored Fair Isle Knitting for $10. I am green with envy. You have my carte blanche to buy any Alice Starmore book (including "For Men") and I will pay you back. I am totally serious. I am especially lusting afetr the various Celtic books she put out. Send me the bill!

noricum said...

I get first dibs on the Celtic books, but will snatch any extra copies for you. ;) I'll pick up the "For Men" book for you... it's around $10-$14.

Liz said...

Wow, I wish I lived there, I'd SO help you out ;-)

Sallie said...

I am absolutely green, GREEN I tell you, with envy that you got Starmore's book for so little money. I have been lusting after all her titles for ages. Lucky you!