Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Stained Glass Painting WIP


Stained Glass Painting WIP

The "stained glass" for dad's shack's cupboard doors is coming along. I still need to do the fine leading on the birds (I need to find the tip for that), paint the birds, and finish painting the last two strips of the sky. The paint on the two strips already painted is still wet in this photo. (And in real life.)

It will be nice to have these done and not nagging me any more. I think dad will really like them too. (If, for no other reason, that he likes everything I make him.)

One nice side effect is that I've moved my remaining stained glass paints to my mom's collection (no point in having two, now that we're in the same city), and that's freed up some space in the tupperware box I keep painting supplies in. Not only does everything *fit*, but there's even some extra space! ;)

While I'm in the "get promised stuff done" mode, I've pulled out some birch bark toy canoe blanks to sew up and mail off. I cut the blanks last summer, and then kept not getting around to sewing them up. (And, alternately, forgetting I had them to do... out of sight, out of mind!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's looking great!

Kelli said...

So pretty. I assume you drew the design yourself, right? One of these days, I do want to try my hand at the stained "glass" thing.

noricum said...

Thanks! Yes, I drew the design myself, although I traced the ducks from of some photos I printed off the internet.

Stacy said...

It looks so good. I'm really impressed with all your craftiness.

I know you're not over this way anymore but if you're ever in the Ottawa or Montreal areas we should meet up. :)

noricum said...

I love meeting up with people! I post whenever I'll be in a different area, so if you're nearby and want to get together, let me know! :)

omly said...

Wow, that is coming out great!