Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Silly Quiz

Brit Knitter tagged me a while back, and I've been lazy about doing this meme. I think I've done it in the past, but what the heck, I'll do it again.

The rules: Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only. Then post 3 events, 2 births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday, then tag 5 friends.

My birthday: February 10 (and now that you all know it, I expect lots of presents next year! I accept most quality yarns... ;) )

Events:
1. 1763 - French and Indian War: The 1763 Treaty of Paris ends the war and France cedes Quebec to Great Britain.
2. 1863 - The world-famous dwarfs General Tom Thumb and Lavinia Warren get married in New York City.
3. 1940 - The first Tom and Jerry cartoon "Puss Gets the Boot" premiers.

Births:
1. 1939 - Adrienne Clarkson, 26th Governor General of Canada
2. 1961 - George Stephanopoulos, Canadian political commentator (Strange... the search page says he's Canadian, but his own wikipedia page says he's American. I'm guessing he's American... but perhaps he wants to be Canadian? ;) )

Holiday:
1. Saint Scholastica

No comments: