Monday, July 23, 2007

Rocks on Walks

With the heat, H, C and I are doing indoor walks for exercise. (Although we're also avoiding the tunnel that gets *really* hot!) We ended up in the Geology building.

Dang! This spot was *such* a good spot for napping when I was an undergrad, and now they've gone and posted this:
IMG_2318.JPG
C preferred this version of the sign:
IMG_2319.JPG

The geology building has displays filled with really cool rocks and minerals. Although they didn't have one of these, I'm posessed with an unreasonable desire to have one:
IMG_2320.JPG
A gem whose colour depends on the type of light? How cool is that?!? (Don't worry... I don't plan to do anything about actually aquiring one. I'm guessing they're tres expensive!)

But here are some of the cool rocks they *do* have:
IMG_2321.JPG
IMG_2322.JPG
IMG_2323.JPG
IMG_2324.JPG
IMG_2325.JPG

1 comment:

Vera said...

My husband really enjoyed looking at all the rocks and minerals. Thanks for sharing!