Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lace Lesson

Reversing the rows in a lace chart does *not* give an upside-down version of the lace pattern:
Lace Lesson
On the bottom, the lace pattern from the Monkey Socks. Above, the same pattern, but with the rows reversed. (And the "through the back loop" stitch moved to the correct position in relation to the double yarn-over as necessary.)

A friend and I were having a disagreement as to the outcome of reversing the rows. Stubborn curiosity as to who was right caused me to knit the swatch.

Anyone have any ideas what to *do* with this swatch now? I don't really feel like frogging it (I had no plans for the yarn anyway), but it seems a shame to leave it lying around collecting dust. If it makes any difference, it's knit from Rowan Calmer, a cotton-acrylic blend.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

How big is it? Perhaps, if too small for a washcloth, it could be donated to someone who's making a crazy quilt of sorts? Or, to a child to be used as a *small* dolly blanket?

noricum said...

It's approximately 6" square. Hmmm... I wonder if my friend would like it as a washcloth for her soo-to-be-baby? It is nice and soft...

Kelli said...

I think it would make a nice baby washcloth!

Deneen said...

Okay, I bought the Cascade needed for the bag you are writing up, git cracking!

noricum said...

You have a lot of faith in my getting-around-to-pattern-writing skills! ;)