Saturday, July 07, 2007

Magazines

I went grocery shopping with my dad last night, and bought myself two magazines. The one that I planned to buy is Crochet Today.
IMG_2257.JPG

Here's what piques my interest, in the order in which they appear in the magazine.

This first one is from an ad, but has cool texture at the bottom:
IMG_2258.JPG
(Sorry about the crappy photo... I'm too lazy to retake it.)

I think this would be nice to pull over a tank top on those days when the weather is inbetween:
IMG_2259.JPG
(Or when dealing with hot outside/cool inside, or the reverse.)

I have a plan for this:
IMG_2261.JPG
...which doesn't involve shoes. I'll let you know if it's a success fairly soon.

This is what I really love:
IMG_2262.JPG
It probably needs a cami underneath, but I'm just *drawn* to it!

And these... they're just too cute:
IMG_2263.JPG


The unplanned purchase was Creative Knitting:
IMG_2251
I didn't want to take too long, because my dad was waiting for me. From my brief look, it looked good. After I got home, I discovered there weren't many patterns I was interested in.

I like this set:
IMG_2253 IMG_2255

And this cardi is nice too:
IMG_2256

This one is a possibility:
IMG_2252
Possibly with the center panel replace by Chinese Lace:
IMG_2250
which has been calling to me.

One magazine that I did browse but didn't buy was a quilting magazine... I don't let myself buy those. I know I won't be making them, and it makes it *waaaaay* too tempting to buy fabric. But will you look at this gorgeous quilt:
IMG_2249
It's a log cabin in one corner, and transforms to a rose in the other corner. The colours are so pretty too. :)

No comments: