Thursday, January 19, 2006

Wrong

I was wrong. My knees don't have something against Winnipeg and my hips something against Chapel Hill. I say this because today my left KNEE is in EXTREME PAIN. OW! OW! OW! OW! OW!

Well, if nothing else, it'll distract me from being nervous about teaching.

My slides aren't ideal... I've got some in Keynote, and some in Powerpoint (reusing old, pre-Keynote slides for the second half where I talk about my work). And, in fact, the ones in Keynote are pretty much just me pasting J's jpeg slides into Keynote. But, I did it in an order I thought made more sense, and pulled up previous slides to remind students of material from the class-before last... I don't intend to spend a lot of time on the old slides, but I think it flows better now.

I did spend a lot of time preparing last night... until nearly 2am... but really most of that was realizing how far I had gotten in this direction of reasearch, and how little there is left before I can publish the new stuff. It's really been fun going back over this stuff... I wonder if I should shuffle it back higher in my "stuff to do" pile. (It's not dissertation and never will be... but it's fun.)

Now to hobble over to the bus stop. :P

4 comments:

KelliAmanda said...

Well, I don't know what you're teaching about, but I do know that you're a good teacher. Hope it goes well, and hope your knee stops acting up.

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Be kind to your knees today. They seem to need it.

H

noricum said...

Thanks!

I must say, I'm extra glad my folks bought me the presentation remote... since I plan on using both the board and the projector. I can stand by the board, and control my laptop from there. :)

Deneen said...

Supposedly, when the barometic pressure drops, it affect the joints.

You are way too young to have these joint problems and should have them checked out-seriously.