Sunday, January 15, 2006

Afghan Square-To-Be

Afghan Square-To-Be
Afghan Square-To-Be

Even though it's not wool, it's machine washable, so I decided to turn this former picovoli gague swatch into a square-to-be for my wool afghan. (I'll put it on the edge where the difference in warmth won't matter.) I still need to actually sew the flower to the swatch, and use some charcoal yarn to fill it out to the right sized square.

I love how the knit and crochet portions work together so seamlessly here. I love crochet. :)

The flower is from "Crocheting School," which I've borrowed from K. Great book! Up next, I'll be doing a few more of the irish motifs for my afghan. ;)

(Yes, it really will be a crazy-ghan.)

3 comments:

MrsFife said...

Ah-a! I saw this pic on Flickr and was wondering when you were going to blog about it...
I agree, the knit and crochet work well together.
Only...it isn't so much a square as a rectangle, is it? must go and look again.

Sallie said...

I love this "square". Love the colors, love the design. I can't wait to see your afghan finished. It is going to be awesome.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's really beautiful.

H