Friday, January 27, 2006

Allergies

Normally I don't use soap in public washrooms. I don't mean to be disgusting, it's just that I'm frequently allergic to them. I do use water, though.

Well, after lunch, I had gunk on my fingers from peeling my orange. I figured I'd need more than plain old water to deal with the orange peel gunk.

There was some antibacterial handsoap by the sink I was using. I don't like antibacterial soap... it doesn't work any better than regular soap, but it encourages the formation of superbugs. But, that was what there was.

I wash my hands.

I returned to K's office, and blow my nose. I can't figure out why K has suddenly decided to wear perfume. Then I realize it's my hands. Gack!

I spend the rest of my lunch break crocheting with my hands as far from me as possible.

After I go back up to my office, I decide to try washing my hands again. I use the pink stuff that's in the soap dispenser on my floor. Now my hands don't smell quite as much, but the smell is now a combination of the two soaps. And my hands are tingly... sort of pre-itchy.

Ugh.

No comments: