Thursday, September 22, 2005

Worry

I have a friend in Houston, and I'm worried about her. She wants to leave, but her husband wants to stay to take care of the house, and she doesn't want to leave her husband. I wish her husband would leave Houston with her. They have family in Austin, so it would even be like a little vacation!

There's nothing they can do during the hurricane, and afterwards, the house will either be there or it won't. (And if it isn't, at least *they* will still be there.)

They aren't in the low lying areas of Houston that have mandatory evacuation, but *still*. Rita is not someone you want to mess with! She's looking nasty.

They live in a newer house that is supposed to be built to certain hurricane standards, but Rita is currently over that... and they had enough problems with the builders cutting corners, that I'm worried about whether the house is actually up to snuff. Personally, I would let the house test its durability by itself, and go to where it's safer.

I sure hope they're going to be okay.

Update: Yay! They're getting out! I'm so relieved!!!

No comments: