Friday, September 16, 2005

Fit

Dang... oops, I mean "yay"... I've been scheduled for a fitness orientation next Wednesday at 3:30. I'm to come appropriately attired, and ask for Brian.

While I'm at it, I thought I'd post a "tiredness update".

Wednesday, the day after my late night ranting, I managed to stay awake all day. No naps. I had some Tazo green ginger tea in the early afternoon, and went out chocolate hunting on campus (no success), but I did stay awake.

Yesterday I was also awake all day, and even accomplished a somewhat reasonable amount of work. I had some more tea, in the morning this time. I didn't bother with a chocolate run... I doubted good chocolate would magically appear on campus overnight. Plus, I didn't have the big chocolate craving like on Wednesday afternoon.

Then, last night, I was't tired either! I got into a tidying fit, and cleaned most of my craft table off, and tidying up my yarn (both balls of yarn, and the binder where I keep samples and ball bands). Just a few more things cleared off, and I'll be able to start using my sewing machine again! (I have a quilt I'd like to do, and I think I'll convert some old jeans into a jean-scrap quilt... which should be fairly fast. Plus there's some pillows I've been promising my dad for several years...)

However, when it came time to sleep, I *still* wasn't tired! At 1 am I was still awake, and felt like going for a long walk. I didn't however... I figured it was probably humid outside (being sticky would *not* help me sleep), I was in my pajamas, and my neighbourhood is really poorly lit. Walking by flashlight isn't much fun. I almost subjected you to a 1 am stream-of-consciousness post, but didn't. I'm not sure how I got myself to unwind enough to sleep, but it eventually did happen.

Now, what caused this bizarre behaviour? Was it the caffeine? Can one mug of green tea in the morning keep me up and wired in the evening? I suppose it's possible... I know the Trazodone to help me sleep last fall really had an all-out-of-proportion effect. (Instead of taking 1-3, I took 1/4 of a pill... 12.5 mg or whatever the units were... and it still changed me into a zombie.)

So, this morning I'm kind of tired... I let myself sleep until 8 am to make up for the late night, but that still left me with less than eight hours of sleep. I'm sitting here, waiting for my green tea to cool off enough to drink... and wondering if it'll keep me up all night as well as all day?

However, if it prompts me to round up my herds of dust bunnies tonight, maybe that won't be so bad.

I really need to exile my dust bunnies before Paulina comes. I've been well trained by my mother... "company" causes "pre-company cleaning". Yes, Paulina, I really do need to clean, even if you say you won't mind. It's that bad. (Depression kind of sucks out the will for cleaning.)

Well, my tea has cooled some, so it's back to glycogen phosphorylase b for me. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, company causes "pre-company cleaning." Everyone who lives with me is well aware of this phenomenon, ESPECIALLY if it's my mother visiting. ;) Sometimes, impending company is the only way to get me to clean, even. *sigh* I've been trying to be better about that lately, though (cleaning little bits more frequently, so the house doesn't get so horrible that it depresses me).