Thursday, September 08, 2005

Qiviut Scarf

Qiviut scarf
Qiviut scarf

I feel a sense of impending doom.

I don't know what I thought it was, but I'm now convinced this yarn is laceweight. I've never knit laceweight before. I'm using US 5 needles. Does laceweight yarn on US 5 needles make sense? I have no clue. Well, at least now I have more confidence that I'll actually have enough for a short scarf. I hope.

I've cast on 37 stitches, and worked a few rows of stockinette before starting the lace. (I'll start the lace tomorrow...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

US5 with a laceweight is fine... you want it to be airy and open. You should be able to stretch it out a bit and see if you can see the great stitch pattern well. If not, you may want to go up a needle size (but also -- many lace scarves have the first few rows done in a smaller needle and then they go up a couple of sizes for the body). I love how the square turned out and can't wait to be able to see the qiviut scarf!!