Thursday, September 29, 2005

Pink Eye

Yesterday my left eye was quite pink. It was really bothering me around 4, so I decided to have it checked out. I figured the best way (without seeing a doctor) to tell if it was "pink eye" was to ask a parent or two. They always seem to know about contageous diseases.

The diagnosis by "Drs" K, A, and T was "eye strain". The prescription? Go home early and rest my eyes. So I went home early.

When I got home, I tried to figure out what I could do that wouldn't need eyes, since it was quite a while before bedtime. Since it wasn't *too* long before news would be on, I decided to listen to TV with my eyes closed. Somehow time skipped from "The Ellen Degeneres Show" to half way through the 6:30 evening news.

I went the "bowl of cereal" route for dinner. Not exactly healthy, but really low prep.

After dinner I went back to watching TV with my eyes closed. There weren't any time warps this time. However, Wednesday TV is pretty bad. (I only get broadcast, which leaves me with rather limited choices.)

Since none of my WIPs were ones that I wanted to attempt with my eyes closed (can you imagine knitting lace without looking? *shudder*), I thought maybe it would be a good time to continue felting my slippers. I don't need eyes to massage slippers in hot, soapy water.

However, after 20 minutes, there was very little progress. I decided to return to the washing machine route, and scrounged my laundry basket for two loads, one lights, the other darks. My slippers are now done, and blocking! Yay! They even shrunk enough, and seem pretty good when I tried them on in their damp state. I took photos, and I'll post them later today.

I used my eyes and read a bit before bed. (Hey... I had been good up until then!)

This morning my eye is not as irritated, but is still bothering me some. I think I'll spend the day reading a book on matroids. That should be easier than staring at the computer screen, right?

No comments: