Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Murphy

I'm good friends with Murphy, and am familiar with his "laws".

Yesterday the forecast was for scattered thunderstorms late last night. There was even a weather warning forecasting possible 1" hail. Yikes! I don't mess with 1" hail. However, Kelli thought such weather was highly unlikely. Did I go to SNB or not? Well, it wasn't raining at 6:20, and the radar looked okay, so I decided to go out.

Just as I was leaving to catch the bus, I got a nosebleed. Joy. Do I go anyway? If I waited for it to stop, I'd miss my bus. I decided to go anyway. So I grabbed a stash of kleenex and a baggie for the "used" ones. Thankfully it stopped just before the bus pulled up, and I was able to cram the evidence in my backpack before too many people saw me.

SNB was fun! (As usual.) Several people complimented my sockapal2za socks, and thought they suited me. ;)

I knit another repeat on the qiviut lace scarf (before too many people arrived), and then switched over to my orange crayon. I'm close to half way through the crayon now.

I'm kind of annoyed with the orange yarn, though. I ordered the replacement orange, and one of the balls arrived with some stains. It looked like there were just a few near the end of the ball, so I used it anyway, hoping that was the case, and that I wouldn't need quite all of this second ball. No such luck. Within a few inches starting on the inside, I found another stain. I'm thinking this must be a regular thing, running all through the ball. I don't want to pay for shipping to send it back and get it replaced, but I'm going to e-mail the store with a complaint. The stains were obvious on the outside of the ball, and I don't think it's nice that they mailed me a stained ball. It should have been returned to the manufacturer... it's definitely a manufacturing problem. Grump. The stains aren't *too* noticeable with the stitch pattern I'm using, and baby blankets will probably get stained anyway... so for now, I'm just using it. I'll see how it looks when I'm done the crayon.

Well, around the time I was supposed to leave SNB for the bus, the sky opened up. *Heavy* rain, and lots of lightening. *Not* my favourite thing, waiting for the bus in pouring rain. Luckily one of the other people at SNB (a non-smoker!) was going to be driving past my place, so she offered me a ride home. Yay! (Murphey fell down on the job there.) It turns out she really likes Gilmore Girls too, so I'll be loaning her my recordings. (Yes, Murphey, the only TV shows I really care about are on Tuesdays, during SNB.)

When I got home I watched Gilmore Girls and House while finishing up an afghan square (photo in another post) and then went to bed.

Murphey struck again... I forgot to turn the thermostat down, and had kooky dreams and woke up in a sweat. After I changed and changed the thermostat, I slept much better... but there wasn't much night left by then.

1 comment:

KelliAmanda said...

Yep - lots of rain, but no hail. We had the thunderstorm as background "music" during chorus last night.