Thursday, September 08, 2005

Trying to save 37 cents

My dishwasher's registration card wasn't postage paid. However, it has a web address where I can register online. (Yay, I save 37¢.) Last night I filled out the form, confirmed the information, and then got the following error message:

Application:- ProductRegistration
Request:- SUBMITREGISTRATION
Action Class:- ProductRegistration.actions.submitreg.ActionSubReg
Error:- APPLException >> ProductRegistration.exception.APPLException:
Session Timed Out, Please Login again.


Okay, well, I did spend a few minutes looking over the information to make sure it was correct, so maybe I just took too long. I started over, quickly filling out and confirming the information.

Same error message.

So I fill out the form to send feedback on my problem. Here's the response:

Please include the following line in all replies.
Tracking number: XXXX

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting the GE Appliance Website.

I will be happy to assist you. The problem you have experienced in selecting a product on the appliance registration screen may be due to the browser you are using. We have found that Netscape 4.0 causes the arrows needed to toggle the appliance selection screen to become very small. The arrows are still there and operative but require some precision to activate. Please try again to register on line and let us know if this does not resolve the problem.

Sincerely,
XXXX
GE Internet Response Team


Um, well, selecting the product wasn't a problem, and I'm using Safari (as I had indicated in the web form), not Netscape. I reply to the e-mail (with the correct tracking number in the subject), and get an even more useless response:

Please include the following line in all replies.
Tracking number: YYYY

Thank you for your reply.

We apologize for the difficulty you experienced and will be happy to
forward your information to our Webmaster.

We appreciate the feedback.

Sincerely,
YYYY
GE Internet Response Team


(New tracking number, and new response team person.)

Um... is anyone going to fix this, or do I need to spend 37¢ on a stamp? (I'm shooting for Noro Silk Garden, remember!)

No comments: