Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Miscellany

Ow. Head hurts. Neck hurts too. H's head hurts too. We think it's due to the rapidly falling temperatures. That wind was *bitter* this morning! I didn't wear the right scarf either, because when I checked bloglines it said that the forecast for today was -7 C to -2 C. Looking at Environment Canada now, it says "temperatures falling" with the low tonight of -18 C. I should have worn my face-covering scarf rather than my draft-stopping scarf.

Grumpy. I managed a whole whack of work on my dissertation last night (an impressive amount given my usual snail's pace), and sent it off to my advisor. This morning I got a whole whack of criticisms. Grumpy, grumpy, grumpy.

Yesterday the weather was beautiful. The sun was shining, the snow was melting, the air was clean and fresh... spring really wanted me to be cheerful, but I had an icy sadness that didn't want to melt.

Today I'm just headache-criticism grumpy.

SNB was lots of fun last night. A group of people from the department met at L's house. I knit eight more rows on Durrow's sleeves... two of the ribbing, and six of the first chart! That was tons of fun... both the stitching and the bitching. Nothing like a SNB to drive away icy sadness for a time.
Durrow Sleeves WIP
It's annoying how flash photos wash out the cables. Not that there's much there, yet, but there *is* *something*.

Well, back to being grumpy reading all the criticisms. :( The temperature is currently -13 C.

No comments: