Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Houston, We Have A Problem

Crochet Socks WIP
Crochet Socks WIP

Can you see it? See how one sock is shorter than the other? See how there's lots of light and dark blue yarn left? See how there's *no* yellow?

Oops.

My options, as I see them:

1. Deviate from the pattern to finish these off. (Not going to happen: I like the pattern too much.)

2. Make the heels a bit slimmer. (This *may* give me enough to finish, but will mean re-knitting everything from the heel up. This is not a terribly attractive option.)

3. Buy a second ball of yellow, and add whatever is leftover to stash.

4. Buy a second ball of yellow, plus a coordinating colour, and make another pair of socks out of the yellow and other colour. (But plan better this time.)

5. Appeal to my readers, asking if they have a leftover bit of yellow Regia Cotton, and were willing to trade for something I can send them. (Depends on one of my readers having previously used the same yarn.)

I think I like option #4 the best, although it also happens to cost the most. (Unless one of you actually has a bit of yellow left over?) If I go for this option, what do you think I should choose as a coordinating colour? (From those at theknitter.com.) I don't want to do #29, since that will make a nearly identical pair of socks to some I already own.

You know, this is one of those times an accurate (yarn) scale would have been nice. (The analog food scale I have right now is really hard to get accurate readings on, the way it's designed. Especially when it's in Chapel Hill, and I'm in Tempe. ;) )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sadly, I don't have any of that regia cotton yellow in stash or I'd be happy to send it along!

#4 is the most fun option. ;) How about colorway #98 or 99 -- then they can be like bumblebee socks! heh.