Sunday, May 14, 2006

Experiment

It's been a long time since I've tried posting to the blog via e-mail.
It worked the last time I did it, but I have no idea if it still works.
;) So, in addition to being an update, this is also a test post. ;)

I'm sitting in the RDU airport right now, and I'm too cheap to pay for
internet access, so this won't get sent until sometime tonight after I
make it to the hotel.

Yep, I'm on my way to Tempe, AZ, for a workshop. :) And maybe even
meet Pam. (I don't have her url on me to link... it's "Hip Hip
Crochet" under the "Feeds I Read" in the sidebar.)

Lessee... since I last posted I went for my last check-up at the doc.
Nothing exciting there. I need to remember to get my records sent to
my family doctor. Friday night, K and I, went out for the Second
Friday Art Walk. It was fun. :) I picked up Albert, since I won't be
around on Monday when the official pick-up is. (Or is it Tuesday? I'm
not sure... but I'm not around then either.)

This morning I did laundry so I'd have clean clothes to pack. However,
that didn't give my socks any time to dry. (Oh yeah... that's why I
kept thinking I should do some laundry earlier this week....) I
decided that since it hadn't killed them before when they accidentally
snuck into the dryer, I put them in on purpose today. (But only the
ones I wanted to take with me.) I think I packed everything I need.

However, not everything I packed made it to the airport. As I was
standing in line at security, I reached back for my Sophie bag that I
had stashed in my backpack's side pocket, to consolidate my sock bag
and fanny pack, as well to hold all my pocket stuff. I reached back to
one side... and nothing was there! I reached back to the other side,
and there was the Sophie bag. However, when I left this morning, I had
put stuff in each pocket. In the other one I had packed my nalgene
bottle with the little plastic thingy that fits in the neck of the
bottle to make it easy to drink from. We had been warned that Tempe
was hot and dry (100F!), and that we should drink plenty of water and
use sunscreen. I still have my sunscreen, but my water bottle is gone!
Even worse, those dang nalgene bottles aren't cheap, and the little
plastic thingy only adds to the cost. (Plus I only know one store to
buy them from, and that store is a bit out of the way from my place.)

It's possible it dislodged itself even before I left the house, but I'm
guessing it's on one of the busses I took to the airport. I'll have to
e-mail their lost and found when I get to Tempe. (The hotel has
complimentary wireless access.)

So, that brings us to now... me killing time in the airport, answering
old e-mails I haven't gotten around to answering, and remote blogging.
;) I have some photos on my camera to post, but I'll wait until I have
internet access for that.

Hmmm... knit and crochet news... my circulars that my tank top is on
made it through security with no problems. The purple Action! socks
are staying home, since I'm about 2/3rds of the way through the first
sock... I packed all fresh sock crochet. I decided four pair would
likely be sufficient. I brought the Regia from Heather, my Trekking
100, the blue Action! from Josie, and some leftover Regia cotton in
yellows and blues.

I need to write a progress report, and then make some more progress on
my code. (Both of which I'm procrastinating on as I write this.) I
still have nearly an hour before my flight.

I think on the flight I'll leave my computer packed, and see if I can
figure out how to make an upside-down leaf for my tank top.

Well, enough procrastination... time to write that progress report.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought my Nalgene at the Trail Shop, probably not the cheapest option in the world, but at least fairly accessible (on Franklin).

noricum said...

Do they sell the plastic thingy that makes the wide mouth jar easier to drink out of?

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, not sure. But you could probably call and ask. I have lost two bottles in the past, so I've never been able to hang on to one long enough to buy accessories...