Monday, May 22, 2006

Boxes Have Left The Building

C-HL's boxes are now *gone*! Gone! Gone! Gone! Gone! Gone! Gone! No more! They have left the building, and are no longer my reponsibility!

This morning after my shower I went outside to play with the neighbour's dog. Shortly after I went out, my dad called to say I had a phone call. It was C-HL. She told me the name of the shipping company, and it's phone number, and I also got her phone number "just in case."

Immediately after talking to her, I call the shipping company. They want me to fill out a form from their web page. I have a look at the form, then e-mail C-HL to ask her some of the questions. Meanwhile, dad calls to see if it would be cheaper for us to drop the boxes off, or if we could get a small shipping container to put the stuff in instead of repacking some of it. (C-HL asked me to remove some of the items her friends had packed... like the maxi pads.) Dad finds out that there aren't any small shipping containers (unless you consider a semi truck small... I think they may have had more square footage than my apartment). I've already started repacking the items.

Not only did her friends pack a gazillion maxi pads, they also had *no* clue about how to pack boxes. Many of them were ony half full. I managed to reduce 18 boxes down to 13 (if only I had done this earlier), and now have four boxes to pack some of my stuff in. :)

We printed off some mailing labels, the shipper's form, and headed out. (Oh... and I also stopped at the bank to deposit my tax refund... the tax refund I had asked to have sent to Canada....) We dropped the maxi pads off at a women's shelter on the way. (I use a different type, and don't need that many right now anyway.)

We reached Hillsborough shortly after four, I think, and was told by the gardener that the guy had just stepped out to go to the post office. We got to sit and relax in the truck for about half an hour, while our stomachs started growling. (I had had a late breakfast, but no lunch.) I worked a bit on my socks, but not much... packing and moving C-HL's boxes left me kind of wiped out. (And to think... I still have all my stuff to go!)

The story gets kind of long and boring at this point. Basically the guy talked to C-HL on the phone, and my dad and I moved the boxes (with help from the gardener) into the house/office, and then measured them. Summary: C-HL still isn't sure if she wants the boxes sent to her, or if she wants them in storage. She has until 1 pm tomorrow to decide, at which point they start their travels. (For some reason, the guy didn't want them in his office either. Gee. Curious.) However, if C-HL decides she *does* want them stored, some of her *other* friends will deal with them. Yay! No more C-HL boxes for me. :))

Dad and I were wiped by the time we left (about 5:40), so we decided to go out to eat. I treated him to some Carolina BBQ (an early birthday present), and then we used a buy-one-get-one-free coupon and Ben & Jerry's. Mmmmm. I felt much better at that point. :)

Tonight? I might to a wee bit of packing. I think I'll also bake cupcakes to use up some more ingredients. Mostly, though, I think I'll recover from today's efforts.

Tomorrow I think I'll see if I can get more boxes from the department (C said they might get more today or tomorrow), finish up the travel expense form, and drop off K's book. Then I really need to do some serious packing of my own stuff!

No comments: