Saturday, February 26, 2005

Squished Toes

I played ulitmate frisbee this morning. :) I had lots of fun.

Today is pretty nice... it was rather nippy in the morning, but by ultimate time was comfortable wearing shorts and a sweatshirt.

I caught a ride with Andrew, who lives across the back yard from me. I discovered I'm still allergic to cats. Andrew now has two cats: Bruce, an adorable orange tabby, and Tasha (I think), a black tabby. Tasha is pretty shy, so I didn't really meet her, but Bruce is exceedingly active and curious. When I crouched down to extend my hand for Tasha (who didn't want to get closer than 10 feet to me), Bruce tried to climb on my shoulder from the couch. He got two paws on me, before deciding I wasn't a great perch. I didn't pet either of the cats, although I let Bruce smell my fingers. However, by the time we left (less than five minutes after I arrived) I was sneezing. There definitely aren't any cats in my future, no matter how I'd love a little Bruce running around my place.

I did pretty good in ultimate... I was just throwing short throws, because my wrist started acting up again last night, but I didn't have to sit out much, and mostly kept up with the running. (Of course, I was paired with the slowest person on the other team, which helped.) It hurt to breathe the cool air, but I didn't get an asthma attack. :) However, by the end of the game, my vision was starting to black out intermittently, so I guess my brain wasn't getting enough oxygen for some reason.

I played with a lab-mix mutt while I was sitting out... no sneezing there! There's hope for me and dogs. :)

I defintely should consider getting new cleats... my toes are feeling rather squished. (I bought the current pair used for $5, and they were the closest to my size at the time... they're just a bit tight.) I don't really want to invest in a new pair, because spring allergies will be kicking in soon (curtailing my outdoor activity for quite a while), and new cleats would just be another thing I'd want to bring back home with me. I'll survive until I'm done here... but I'll definitely leave this pair behind.

Well, sore toes or not, I think I'll go do my grocery shopping while the sun is shining... none of this wandering around in the dark. (They don't light the streets very well around here, and I frequently postpone grocery shopping until after the sun has set... no, I don't learn all that fast.)

No comments: