Tuesday, February 22, 2005

(Rambling) I should be working

...but I'm not. I'm having trouble getting motivated today. (As usual.) The sun is shining through my window and into my left eye, even though I've closed the venetians. I think I've finally managed to outwit it, propping an envelope up against the string holes. My eye still feels funky though. The light has been bothering my eyes for a while now... and they look unusually dilated whenever I check the mirror. (They're not always the same, but usually more than I would expect for the given light.) The dermatologist said the stuff for my acne would make me more sensitive to light, but I had assumed she meant my skin... I need to dig up the drug information. I assume that's the reason my eyes have been bothering me... I keep thinking of making an appointment, but then I wonder if it's not something else, and I should see someone besides my dermatologist. I dunno.

Random thought: does anyone else type "I dunno" for "I don't know"? Or is that just some weird, irritating quirk I have? I know it's not correct... it just makes it sound more like one of the verbal phrases I use. I googled it... I'm not the only one. Let me know if it irritates you, and I'll try to remember to type it out. (I know some purposeful misspellings irritate me, so I'd hate to inflict the same thing upon others.)

Yes, I am officially rambling. Maybe I should post a rambling warning... done. I think I'm using this post as another cheap therapy session, so feel free to wander off... this post is likely incredibly boring. For some reason I feel like rambling. I just want to say something. I'm probably avoiding my hydrogen bonds, but, um, yeah, I think that's what I'm doing. I need to rewrite a perl program to read some data another student kindly generated for me. At first it looked like a piece of cake, but now I realize he's used spaces to separate fields, but some of the fields contain spaces. So I just can't do a split on spaces, I actually have to parse the *$&# thing. I don't feel like parsing right now. Which is ironic, because as I type, my brain is parsing what I read. But no, that's a different type of parsing.

Yes, I'm definitely rambling now. Escape while you still can,

The fields aren't even lined up by columns, because there's a number field that takes a varying number of spaces. Well, I can always use a find to locate the ":", or the second "d" (which happens to be the first small "d"), get the number, skip a space, then use the next four characters for the name, then repeat the same after the "a"... and the strength is after the second ":". Maybe I should split on the ":", and then parse the second field, and I'll have the third field as a nice strength... that sounds good. Better than using finds. (I can't remember if the function is called find, but that's what it does.)

I think I feel better now. I'll go write my parser now. But, of course, you won't know that, because you stopped reading already.

That reminds me... yes, I'm digressing some more... after bloglines did it's little update thing the other day, the number of people subsribed jumped up by 5... pretty impressive, given I only had 18 subscribers. I don't know who they were, because they were private. Shortly thereafter, all five disappeared again. Either I'm phenominally boring (which I already know, but then why did they subscribe?), or bloglines had a blip. I'm guessing the second. (Update: Odd... I checked bloglines, and it's up to 24 now. Those private readers sure are fickle. ;) )

I've been rambling now for 23 minutes. I really should go and write my parser. My goal is to finish it before I go home, and I don't want to work late, because I want to go to SNB tonight. I really shouldn't, given how much I have to do, but I want to, and I don't end up doing much in the evenings (besides crocheting in front of the tube, or doing household stuff) anyway. Although last night I did make progress on my patterns. I still plan on making more progress on them tonight... I'll work on them while watching Gilmore Girls, which is set to tape while I'm at SNB. (I've set One Tree Hill to tape too, but I'm not all that crazy about it.)

Speaking of all these WB teen dramas I watch, I'm annoyed that Everwood is on break again... and they've done that annoying thing where they leave you hanging. This time, we don't know how Ephram does on his audition, or Ephram's reaction to Madison's having been pregnant. (No, we don't even know what happened to the baby.) Sheesh... my ramblings make it sound like a soap opera.

I never could stand soap operas, but a bunch of my friends in junior high watched them. *shudder*.

Okay... I've now been going for nearly 30 minutes, so I really will stop now. If you've read this far, I'm sorry you're feeling so bored too... ;) (You must be, given that you haven't found anything better to do yet, than read this entire rambling blog entry.)

4 comments:

Jewels said...

30 minutes rambler,....that's like 210 minutes in dog time you know!! hahahaaa

noricum said...

So... what did your dog do with his hbonds in that time? ;)

Jewels said...

haha, slept on his blankie I made him of course!

noricum said...

I'm jealous... I could use some napping with blankie time myself... ;)