Tuesday, February 22, 2005

High Calorie Posting

Boy... the donuts/doughnuts post sure was popular (by my standards). FYI: I posted a reply in the comments.

SNB was fun tonight. I worked on my Sockapalooza socks, and both are now about 3-4" above the heel. Whee. My finger hurts. I need to make a little finger cozy to keep the yarn from rubbing so much.

The bus driver almost didn't pick me up afterwards, though, which made me rather peeved! When I saw him, I stepped towards the curb. As he came closer, he didn't turn on his turn signal, but he seemed to be slowing. I couldn't step closer to the curb without running the risk of being flattened, with the way many of the bus drivers drive around here. Anyway, when he's about 10 feet away, he honks, so I wave to say "yes, I want to get on the #^@&*^$ bus, why do you think I'm at the ^$#&*%^$ stop?!?" When I got on, I lightly asked what he thought I was doing at a bus stop in the dark, except waiting for the bus. He said I might have been waiting for another bus. I say "but this is the only bus that runs at this time of night!" Apparently I was wrong... which is nice to know... it means that if I miss that bus after SNB, I don't have to wait a whole hour and a half in the dark for the next one. (I'd only have to wait half an hour.) Anyway, I said I didn't know about that bus, and he said that I should have stepped towards the curb to signal I wanted the bus. Still politely (but fuming inside) I said that I *did*, but it must have been too early for him to see. Sheesh. It's a stupid little thing, but it's got me all worked up. :P Probably because I thought I'd have to wait until 10:30pm to catch the bus home.

Well, I'm going to go take my laptop in front of the TV to watch my taped shows while I work on my patterns. Signing off...

4 comments:

noricum said...

Either that, or he had too many doughnuts! One of the annoying things is I've had that particular bus driver often enough that he should have some idea of where I'm going. :P

Bus drivers around here can be a bit of a pain... they seem to look at passengers as nuisances who make them late, or something.

Hunny said...

You should make yourself a nice flag out of some neon orange yarn. That way when the bus is coming you can wave it so that he can see you!! LOL Then he can't say he didn't know you wanted the bus!!

Anonymous said...

Silly bus driver! Buses in general often irritate me, but then I feel like the fact that the bus system is free doesn't give me much room to complain :)

Too bad I wasn't there to see your throw! I skipped SNB in favor of playing a video game from 7-9 last night :)

See you later!

noricum said...

Hmmm... maybe if Michelle decides she doesn't want her tigger bag... ;)

Of course, my red & white Canada hat is pretty visible...