Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Sockapalooza

Well, I just had a look at some of the other sockapalooza socks out there... WOW! There are some *awesome* socks out there. Much more exciting than the pair I'm making... but then, the pair I'm making are supposed to be plain. I'm feeling better about my socks... although they're plain, they're also nicer looking than a few of the ones out there, and I'm thinking equivalent (in their own, plain Jane way) to the nicer socks. I think the only way I'll have messed up is if they're too small... but then I'll just tell my sock pal to send them back so I can redo them.

Currently, I have both socks about an inch above the heel (I'm doing toes up). I'd post an updated photo, but I've been lazy about taking pictures again. Maybe tonight. My sock pal *does* check my blog (I wasn't sure for a while there if she had stopped), so I'll just post a link to the picture again.

The bus was too crowded for making sock progress this morning, and I'm not heading over to Duke today after all. I guess I won't be plain-socked-out for SNB... that's good, because I'll be able to make great headway there on finishing these socks off, but also annoying because it'll mean I lugged my throw around for no reason. Oh well... I can always pull the throw out for show & tell, and then put it back. ;)

Doggie news: my office mate's dog is a wirehair fox terrier named Katie-Bell, and is absolutely adorable. I haven't had my play date yet... I should set up a time soon, before spring allergies kick in to confuse things. (They've started a bit, but aren't too bad yet.)

No comments: