Friday, February 11, 2005

Dream

I had a nice dream early this morning... a bit odd, but nice. About all I can remember at this point is that I was talking to I guy I knew as a kid, but we were both grown up. He was "tall, dark & handsome". I liked him, and as we talked, we got closer. I was sad, and wished he liked me. Then he kissed me, and I kissed him back. Then I was sad... I know I'm not exactly a good kisser, and thought that he wouldn't like me any more. But then he kissed me again. I was happy that he found me desireable. Pretty bad, when I get excited that a completely fictional character likes me. :P But still, I woke up feeling happy. ;)

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! (Even late... they're still just as nice!) My day was fine, although not too unusual. Both my parents called. (Although my dad forgot it was my birthday, and was wondering why I was e-mailing for our phone call a day early. However, he had remembered last Friday that my birthday was this week.) I got to do three days worth of dishes:

I didn't quite finish all of them... I left two pots and a collander, because the water was getting cold, and my hands were all wrinkled. Ironically, that means I'll have to wash dishes again tonight before I can eat. However, there'll be considerably fewer this time.

Last night during ER I worked on my afghan squares:

I'm using up leftover yarn from my scarf. On my RAOK wishlist, I asked for squares, but it'll take 63 7"x7" squares according to the 63 squares booklet. (No, I'm not trying to make a "63 squares" afghan, but I didn't know what size was standard, so I looked up what size that book uses.) I figure it's highly unlikely that I'll actually receive 63 squares, so I thought I'd start making some myself. ;) Ironically, I said I'd like some blue in each square, but I currently don't own any blue superwash wool yarn. I like this yarn enough, though, that I decided to order some more from elann, so I have some blue on the way. Unfortunately, they only had one ball of the midnight blue (which is the colour I had originally wanted to get for the scarf, but they were out of it), but I also ordered two more balls of the gray, and three of a variagated blue (I think it's called Yukon River). The 3 day shipping was only 10 cents more, so I splurged and got the 3 day shipping. ;)

And I took another photo of my completed socks, which I'm wearing today:

The background is my cotton bedspred which is rapidly falling apart... some of the dyes seem to have degraded the cotton faster than others.

Last, but not least, I've been toying with the idea of getting a dog. Not any time soon, of course... I have way too many things to figure out first... like whether I'm still allergic to dogs, whether that's something I can get shots for, whether I'm willing to have the responsibility of a dog, what kind is best suited to my habits, how much it'll cost, etc. I was thinking a dog would help with the loneliness. Last time I was at the doc's, he asked if I had pets... I told him I couldn't because of allergies. But my allergies seem to be getting better, and my dog allergy was never as bad as my cat allergy... and maybe there are shots? I've always wanted a pet...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a dog would be a great idea, assuming it doesn't aggravate your allergies. I'd suggest an outdoor dog, but I know you can't do that living in Glen Lennox, and I don't think an outdoor dog would do very well in Winnipeg. Do more research, and get a short-haired dog? Perhaps there are certain breeds that are less likely to aggravate your allergies?

I still want a dog myself, but Andrew has been less than enthusiastic lately. Guess I'll have to work on him a bit more. I think I'm strongly leaning toward a dachsund, if we don't end up just going to a shelter and adopting a mutt.

-Paulina

KelliAmanda said...

My understanding is that poodles don't aggrevate allergies as much as most other dogs. My great aunt used to have miniature poodles (smaller than standard, but larger than toy) and they were great dogs, very loyal, good personality, not overly energetic, but still enjoyed playing and going outside, good with children, etc.

However, I recommend mixed breeds, just because my family has had bad luck with purebred dogs and all the health problems they seem to have.

There's also special shampoo you can buy for dogs that supposedly reduces the allergy-causing factors (i.e. dander). Don't know if it works or not, as I'm (fortunately!) not allergic to dogs.