Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Please Don't Hate Me

East Village Books
East Village Books

I went back this afternoon to get the "Sweaters for Men" book for Knittah ($12). (Oh... while I was there, I checked, and the other Kaffe Fassett book is Glorious Knits) On a whim, I decided to scour their discount room, to see if any knitting or crochet books made it back there.

There were *more* back there, hidden about. (Including yet another copy of Kaffe's Family Album, so check the price on that copy before buying the ones in the main section.)

Including... Alice Starmore's The Celtic Collection... marked down to $8.50. (Don't bother going for that book... it's not there any more.)

*phew*... I just checked Amazon, and you don't have too be *too* envious... there's a paperback edition of the Celtic Collection still in print for ~$16, and used copies for less. (Now you can just kick me for sending you to Amazon. While you're there, check out Elsebeth Lavold's Viking Patterns for Knitting... another I think I'd love to have, but haven't had a chance to flip through.)

Now Knittah wants to know which Rowan book was at the bookstore... but do I dare enter again? What else might I be seduced into buying?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah..ahhh...I can't umm, I'm just speachless. I've been searching for that book for..i just don't know. Congratulations, but i think i'll cry now.

Anonymous said...

i took some pictures of a couple of the sweater patterns in Viking Patterns for Knitting a while ago:

http://www.xantha.org/gallery/craft/DSC_4746

if you start there, then page forward through the gallery there are 4 pictures (the last is a really cool dragon pillow + afghan).

That is so cool that you found all of those books, though! I am so jealous.