Friday, November 03, 2006

Mail!

Mail!
Mail!

A package arrived for me today from Knittah. (She's so nice!!!) John's initial response was that I sure get a lot of mail. He became somewhat more interested when he discovered the package contained Tastykakes (a local Philadelphia treat), and that these were for him. ;) He's really enjoying them!
J Enjoys Tastykakes
(The serious look is because he's concentrating on research... but if you look carefully, you'll see three or four empty packages!)

The lantern moon needles, however, were entirely for me. :)) Mmmmmm! So purdy, and smooth!

Swatchy helped open the package, and stayed for the photo shoot to admire the needles. ;) (He wasn't the one who ate the Tastykakes, though.)

The card is pretty too. It has a blanket with a bunch of horses on it. I like the legend it's based on, so I'll tell it to you too:

Once a Blackfeet warrior rode his buckskin horse into battle, but it was badly wounded. Refusing to allow the horse to die, the man placed yellow paint on its wounds, made a smudge of sweetgrass, and sang sacred songs. After four attempts to rise, the horse stood again. In gratitude, it gave the man a sacred tipi which empowered him with special healing powers. Blackfeet artist Michael Gray designed this saddle blanket based on this story that underscores the importance of the horse to the Blackfeet tribe.
(Link to American Indian College Fund.)

3 comments:

Deneen said...

I can knock back a whole box of Tastykake Butterscotch myself in one sitting (if I so desired). They have been my faves since I was about 5 years old. I love those Peanut Butter Kandykakes too!

Anonymous said...

They don't have Tastykakes in NYC? They have them in NJ.

(I also love the Peanut Butter ones.)

noricum said...

Not that I know of, but then I haven't gone looking for them either. John says they're a pretty local thing.