Thursday, March 16, 2006

They Ask, I Answer

I received a request from ITS (the group on campus that handles hardware) to answer a survey about my cell phone service. They ask? I answer! The answer to the first question, as to the reason I have a cell phone, was "Other: I hate cellphones, and do not own one." I then proceeded to answer every remaining question as N/A. It went very fast. I hope they find my survey results fascinating.

My feet are very happy in my brand new Trekking socks. :)

I started Sallie's socks this morning. :)

I must remember to save 2-3 pairs worth of sock yarn for the workshop. That shouldn't be a problem, but I am on a yarn diet. I'd hate to run out, and then not have something to keep me awake while I'm there. (Hmmm... do I let myself count yarn purchased for the workshop count as "education expenses"? I used to, but now I don't have an income.)

In case 2-3 pairs is insufficient, does anyone know of good yarn shops in Tempe, AZ? Within walking distance of the Fiesta Inn Resort would be ideal. :) (Yeah, I realize that's pushing my luck.)

2 comments:

Pam said...

You ask, I answer. The closest yarn show is probably the new Tempe Yarn and Fiber ( http://tempeyarnandfiber.blogspot.com/ ) but I think it will be 4 or 5 miles from your hotel. There are others that are definitly not in walking distance, Fiber Factory in Mesa, Jessica Knits in North Scottsdale and a few in Scottsdale proper and Central Phoenix.

That being said, if you have free time I could give you a lift to any or all of these. Ok, probably not all, it's a really big valley.

noricum said...

Oooo... I hadn't seen that Tempe Yarn and Fiber one on my google search... but I did find an "emergency bus route" to the Fiber Factory in Mesa, should I need it! ;)

From the schedule, it looks like they're keeping us pretty well booked, but I would enjoy getting together with you. :) I'll e-mail you when I know when I'm arriving and leaving. :)